Thank you for visitint our blog. I'm Tekorin from Tokyo. My name is actually TenTen but my mom calls me Tekorin.
Sometimes my mom writes this blog. Sometimes I write.
Sorry my English is sometimes so furrnny like my Mom's.
Hope I can meet lots of furriends!!

2010年4月7日水曜日

Yummy Lunch!




Tekorin for today's Lunch special!



Ku-suke is going to have a taste.
"Hummm it seems gooood!!"


munch munch...

yum yum!!
This is tasty!



Ku-suke is looking down Tekorin playing in a carton box.
It seems he wants to say something...


He wanted to play with Teko-chan,
but he's gone...



Ku&Teko are one in body and soul
like yin and yang.
They are very different but can't be separated.








Today is the anniversary of my grandfather's deathday.
I have lots of great memories with him.

And this is the grandpa kitty in our house now!!



My grandpa was a painter.
Not very famous but very loved by many people.

He had hard time when he was young because his family was poor.
He had to work hard for his family,after married my Grandma he still had to work very hard to support his familly,but he just couldn't give up his dream in painting.
He built a painting club in his company and started paintings.
He won a prize and became an artist.
He kept working and painting together for a long time.

I always remember the smell of the oil paintings,
Grandpa sitting in the Seiza position,sitting very straight towards the canvas,
smell of the whisky,
and how he loved the Monaka(Japanese Sweet)

He was always on his own pace.
And a laughter always comes to my mind when I remember how we spent time together...
It is like this...
When we went to Onomichi,a beautiful place,for a sightseeing,
Granpa suddenly felt like he wants to take a picture of us.
And it was in a huge crowdedness in the middle of the stairs to the temple.
He shouted out loud calling me
"Hey!! Look here!!"
Suddenly people started to separate to right and left so he could take a pic of us.
I felt like I was on a big stage!
It was so embarrassing!!
Furthermore,he stood still for a long time saying
"This camera doesn't work!
I can't see anything"

A kind middle aged gentleman told him that the cap of the lens was still hanging there.
So many people laughed out loud and I blushed deeply.

When we went to the cafe,I found my cup was not really clean.
Then suddenly,Grandpa clapped his hands loud and scolded the waitress.
Again I was so embarrassed.He didn't have to say that loud.
But the strange thing is...
Nobody dislike him.
Or rather,everybody likes him a lot!!

When we had an exhibition of his posthumous works,
I was so surprised there came many,many people.

Grandpa loved painting.
He was determined.
He was not from the fortunate home for paintings,
or rather from unfortunate home.
But he seemed always so happy.

It was a very sunny day and cherry blossoms were in full bloom when I attended his funeral.


When Granpa first met my husbands' parents,
he introduced me to them
"This is "TAN" of the "AN PON TAN""
(AN PON TAN means a fool in Janapnese slang.
But it has a warm feeling in that word.And it sounds a little lovely)
Of course AN is Grandpa,PON is my mom.
So I guess I should stay TAN and live happily.

Granpa,I love you A LOT!!
Thank You!!!

These are the pictures of Grandpa's paintbrushes and palettes taken by my husband.




Thank you for reading such a long post.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

XXOO from Tekorin


7 件のコメント:

  1. What a truly wonderful post full of beautiful pictures of the sweet kitties and memories of your devoted and talented Grandfather...
    You write beautifully too!!!
    Madi and Mom

    返信削除
  2. Wonderful post.......loved the kitty pictures...they are gorgeous.

    What a wonderful Grandfather you had....we so enjoyed reading about him. xxxxxxxxxxx

    返信削除
  3. Hello there my new friends, thanks for coming by to visit me. You have a very nice blog, keep posting and the friends will come!!!

    返信削除
  4. HIya guys! We saw you comment on one of our furriend's pages and had to come visit you! Now THAT'S a lunch! You are furry cute kitties! Please visit us if you have a chance...

    Sniffs & Scratches~
    The Kool~Kittie~Krew
    aka...Skeeter, King, Pandora, and Cricket

    返信削除
  5. A very lovely post.
    You have written beautiful memories of your grandfather. I wonder if you could post an example of his work, that we might enjoy it as well?
    Your kitties, as always, are very sweet, we love your pictures.
    TK's mom

    返信削除
  6. Your grandfather sounds delightful and full of fun; how wonderful he always held on to his dream of painting and persued what made him happy=that is a fortunate, successful life!...We're so glad Tekokin and Ku-suke have each other; they are great together...Love the kitty photos!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    返信削除
  7. Great photos! What a nice posting, and how nice of you to share your memories of your grandpa. :)

    返信削除